Monday, March 26, 2012

Playlist for Monday, March 26, 2012


Took my 11-year old daughter to her first official, "real" concert last night, the band Eisley.
So naturally, I'm starting the day with a little...


Eisley - Deep Space EP (2012)






Eisley - The Valley (2011)




Bonus video: This song is not on any of Eisley's albums, but I love the way Stacy sings this song. Easily my favorite Fleetwood Mac cover EVER -



Band of Horses - Infinite Arms (2010)







The Good, The Bad & The Queen - The Good, The Bad & The Queen (2007)







Treepeople - Guilt Regret Embarrassment (1989 - 1991)
(original 21-track Toxic Shock Records version)
This is the Boise, Idaho band Doug Martsch was in prior to Built to Spill.







The Joy Formidable - The Big Roar (2011)
One of my favorite albums released last year. I hear echoes of early-Siouxsie & The Banshees, Belly, Throwing Muses, My Bloody Valentine, Lush, The Jesus & Mary Chain..








Mobius Band - City Vs Country (2005)


* my favorite song on this EP, "I Had A Very Good Year", wasn't available on youtube.. this one's pretty good though.


And lastly -
Eisley-show-opener (and youngest Eisley siblings), Christie and Collin DuPree, aka Merriment - Through The Rough (2012)




No comments: